Garden Club Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County Scholarship Guidelines
Deadline for Applications
The Garden Club Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County Scholarship was established in January 2004 to provide financial support for educational opportunities to residents of North Carolina. The scholarship may provide a renewable yearly award of $1500.00 with a cap of $3000.00 for students who will attend a two and/or four-year college and have a been accepted into a horticulture or landscape curriculum at Forsyth Technical Community College or other accredited post-secondary schools in North Carolina. Scholarships will be applied to the cost of undergraduate tuition, fees, room and board, and other college expenses.
To receive consideration, applicants must:
- be a resident of Forsyth County, North Carolina or its adjacent counties
- maintain at least part-time enrollment (minimum if 6 credit hours per semester)
- demonstrate academic potential and have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- demonstrate financial need, but not restricted to lower incomes (student’s financial need and merit will be equally weighted)
- be in pursuit of undergraduate associate or baccalaureate degree (first-time degrees preferred)
- be enrolled in a horticulture or landscaping curriculum.
How to Apply
The online application is available on The Winston-Salem Foundation’s website. Click here to go there now.
- online application completed in full
- high school grade transcript through the first semester of 12th grade or most recent college grade transcript
- signed copy of parents’ federal income tax return from previous year (if student is a dependent)