Garden Club Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County Scholarship Guidelines
The Garden Club Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County Educational Scholarship was established in January 2004 to provide financial support of educational opportunities that align with the Council’s mission. The fund is managed by The Winston-Salem Foundation. The scholarship may provide a renewable yearly award of up to $1,000 with a cap of $2,000 for students who will attend a two and/or four-year college and have been accepted into a curriculum at an accredited post-secondary school in North Carolina. Scholarships will be applied to the cost of undergraduate tuition, fees, room and board, and other college expenses.
- Reside in Forsyth County, North Carolina, or one of the other counties in The Winston-Salem Foundation’s service area
- Maintain a least part-time enrollment (minimum of 6 credit hours per semester)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Demonstrate financial need, but not restricted to lower incomes (need and merit will be equally weighted)
- Be in pursuit of an undergraduate associate or baccalaureate degree (first-time degrees preferred)
- Be enrolled in a horticulture or landscaping curriculum
The online application is available on The Winston-Salem Foundation’s website at www.wsfoundation.org/students. Questions regarding this scholarship may be directed to The Winston-Salem Foundation’s Student Aid Department at 336-714-3445 or StudentAid@wsfoundation.org.