Garden Club Council of Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Scholarship
Garden Club Council of Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Educational Scholarship was established in January 2004 to provide financial support for educational opportunities aligned with the Council’s mission. The fund is managed by The Winston-Salem Foundation. The scholarship may provide a yearly renewable award of up to $1,000 with a cap of $2,000 for students who will attend a two and/or four-year college and have been accepted into a curriculum at an accredited post-secondary school in North Carolina. Scholarships will be applied to the cost of undergraduate tuition, fees, room and board, and other college expenses.
- Reside in Forsyth County, North Carolina, or one of the other counties in The Winston-Salem Foundation’s service area (with a preference for Forsyth County)
- Maintain a least part-time enrollment (minimum of 6 credit hours per semester)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Demonstrate financial need, but not restricted to lower incomes (need and merit will be equally weighted)
- Be in pursuit of an undergraduate associate or baccalaureate degree (first-time degrees preferred)
- Be enrolled in one of the following majors/programs: horticulture, landscape, environmental science, environmental studies, agriculture, viticulture, farm science, gardening, conservation, forestry, sustainability, or agronomy.
The online application is available on The Winston-Salem Foundation’s website at www.wsfoundation.org/students. Questions regarding this scholarship may be directed to The Winston-Salem Foundation’s Student Aid Department at 336-714-3445 or [email protected].